The contents of this book are organized as follows
PART I. RESOURCES AND ECONOMIC ORGANIZATION.
1. Material resources of the nation
2. The present economic system
PART II. MONEY AND PRICES.
3. Nature, use, and coinage of money
4. The value of money
5. Fiduciary money, metal and paper
6. The standard of deferred payments
PART III. BANKING AND INSURANCE.
7. The functions of banks
8. Banking in the United States before 1914
9. The Federal Reserve Act
10. Crises and industrial depressions
11. Institutions for saving and investment
12. Principles of insurance
PART IV. TARIFF AND TAXATION.
13. International trade
14. The policy of a protective tariff
15. American tariff history
16. Objects and principles of taxation
17. Property and corporation taxes
18. Personal taxes
PART V. PROBLEMS OF THE WAGE SYSTEM.
19. Methods of industrial remuneration
20. Organized labor
21. Public regulation of hours and wages
22. Other protective labor and social legislation
23. Social insurance
24. Population and immigration
PART VI. PROBLEMS OF INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATION.
25. Agricultural and rural population
26. Problems of agricultural economics
27. The railroad problem
28. The problem of industrial monopoly
29. Public policy in respect to monopoly
30. Public ownership
31. Some aspects of socialism
Or view this book in html format.